a lot happened in the first week of sept. chiara and madel left =/ and i started my first week in my new office. the school of public health is housed in a mansion looking building...
working on campus is way cooler than working in a lonely satellite office disconnected from the university for many reasons:
(1) younger people my age are around
(2) more people around in general
(3) i get to flash my university ID card whenever i want to:
(4) i get an office labeled with my name:
(5) very relaxed and chill environment
(6) ever so often there are socials in my department and in the school in general. during my first friday at work, we had a going away party for someone in my dept and celebrated with snack and beer! that's right, beer at work, on campus. so i drank it up with staff, doctoral students, my manager, and even professors!
(7) and the best of all is that i get the majority of my tuition paid for!
another plus side about living in boston is that you do not need a car at all to get around most places. destinations are either walkable or public transportationable. no need to worry about gas, traffic, parking, carjacking, etc.
side note: there are hella cal alumni living in boston. every week they get together at some bar near fenway to watch cal football games. we're everywhere!