Thursday, January 15, 2009

no heat!

for the past two months my room has been without heat while the temp has been dropping to the teens. sometime in november or october it had worked for one day but hadn't worked since. i pretty much left it up to my roommates to contact my landlord and didn't bother to take any action myself. so i let the cold days go by and was too stubborn to get a space heater cuz i didn't want to pay more electricity (even though my roommates use one, which screws me over since we evenly split the electric bill). i simply wore a bunch of layers and slept beneath 6 blankets to keep me warm in my own room.

(btw, under massachusetts law, landlords are required to provide heat to 68F during the day and 64F at night between Sept 15 and June 15. i had a whole class session on housing code. go public health!)

finally, i started getting fed up with shivering when i wake up in the morning and while i'm at home at night. i started calling up my manager to try and get the problem fixed. and then after a few days our heater started working again! and it still continues to work! just in time for single-digit weather.

2 comments:

NOBODY CARES! said...

whenever i get cold, you know what i do? two chicks at the same time, man...

Madel said...

Oh I'm glad it's working now, no more cold nights =) Hope your weekend went well!